“Voice Acting Academy”
Welcome to my virtual “Voice Acting Academy.”
Tuition is free. There is no campus, no room or board and we’ve no teachers to report to or books buy.
Classwork focuses on mostly talking to yourself. The home study portion of your education consists of watching TV, movies and plays and maybe playing video games.
Extra-class stage time is highly encouraged.
There are no grades, but feedback can be provided by an audience or a casting director.
Your application has been accepted. Let’s get started:
Here are the five areas of focus at our school (also accessible from the drop down menu above):
1. Develop your acting and VO skills:
* Click for: at-home voice acting practice
Click for: at-home study materials (practice monologues)
Click for: acting practice exercise
Click for: dynamic acting exercise
*Click for: workout in the car
* essential field work: get in front of an audience
2.Click for: Study the masters.
3. Learn how the biz works and prepare accordingly (most of my site is devoted to this).
4. Click for: Load up your “inner database“ with movies, TV, books, theater and video games.
5. Click for: Expand your knowledge with outstanding outside sources as well.
If you enjoy my site, why not make a donation of any amount to the American Humane Association, a wonderful charity that helps protect children, pets and farm animals from abuse and neglect?
This site has so much info with encouragement while not sugar coating the reality of persuing VO. I wish i had only found it sooner!
Thank you so much for creating this. I had just decided to look into this and I’m loving it already.