I’m old enough to see that many of life’s helpful stand out truths are pretty obvious:
• Explore, learn and try anything that interests you- always. Don’t wait for permission to start.
• Find the intersection of what you love and what you’re good at and follow that.
• Be honest with yourself and seek honest input & correction.
• Follow your own weirdness, passion, idiosyncrasy.
• Make doing things you love a habit, regardless of payoff
- Make a habit of collaborative creating!
• Don’t let success diminish your gratitude.
• Apply the rules of good improv to life and work: Second support, “yes-and,” make lots of offers, don’t bail, listen and be open, let the story play out the way it wants to rather than forcing your ideas or grandstanding.
• Focus your mind & efforts on what you can influence that you care about and forget the rest.
• Your friends & relationships frame your future, so surround yourself with people headed where you want to go.
*Stay open to change. Listen to understand.
• Give yourself a break, celebrate all victories.
• Say what you want out loud- all the time. Mind your mantras.