Quick Overview of Where to Start
Here is a quick version of what I recommend you do to begin your exploration of voice acting:
1. Get as much time on stage in front of a live audience as possible. This can be plays, stand up, open mic, choirs, etc. Learn by doing.
2. Seek out, perform with and observe actors more experienced and better than you.
3. Get good improv experience/training.
4. Read out loud a lot. Read a lot in general- and not just books related to acting!
5. Watch classic movies and TV, even video games. See my “Fantastic Fundamentals” page for specifics.
6. Practice imitating what you hear in movies, TV and radio.
7. Expand your connection to life and people with travel. Try new experiences that are not related to acting but that feed your life.
8. Connect with what you love: Follow hobbies, passions, activities that are not necessarily acting related but that fulfill you.
9. Get voice/acting training only if it is constructive, practical and brings you results.
10. Connect with who you are: Get healthy, workout, connect with your body. Write in a diary of your daily journey.
11. Follow the fun and don’t give up!
12. Read this site thoroughly, and study others’ insight as well!